Oct 21, 2007

I love my NAME!!!

Jo·a·chim [ho-ah-khim, hoh-ah-]

That is how my name should be pronounce, in proper written, its HOAKIM...

Well, it is cool rite? hahaha, before I found out that my name is unique, first, I blame my parent for naming me, with such a weird name, why just do not name me with some simply yet easy to pronounce name, such as, Aaron (man, no offense!), John (daddy's name, wahaha) Robert? or David? There is so much more name that they can name after their new born eldest son...

I just do not understand that much then, until...

I visited one church at Bukit Mertajam, Pulau Pinang, last year, it was a church built on a small hill, a small church but claim by its committee that, it is a church which full of blessing and bliss. People always get cured of sickness, disease or whatever, when they pray very hard there. And what is more interesting, when it came to St. XXX Day, people would came here, all around the nation, to gather here, just to light a candle and place it all over the place and on night time, the whole hill, fulfilled with candle lights! which is definitely, an image which you could never forget!

Back to the topic, when I walk around in the church, I found out my name, belong to a Saint, yes, St. Joachim. Father of our Virgin Mother Mary... I was like, so shock and could not say anything until then, then...I was very proud of my name... well, a name which belong to such important person...who is not proud of it right?

Other than this, when I went online to browse around, I also found out that my name also belong to Joseph Joachim, a very famous and popular, Hungarian, music composer and producer. Woah~ seem like this name, Joachim, ain't just a simple name...

Than, I start to telling people around about my name, how to pronounce it, the history of the name, and not many people can have this kinda unique name!

Well...do you like your name my dear readers?

(Problem uploading pics, maybe few more days after this, sorry!)

In Memory of Father Joachim Phang (the one who baptized me)
-Ivan Joachim-

1 comment:

Lene said...

can u..
stop mentioning da name ANNE????
u even mention it in ur blog
sobx
:(
don like da name ok?
hmph